Re: Failure report: PowerColor Radeon 7500 PCI 64mb

Hello,
On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 02:22:21PM -0700, Gregory P. Smith wrote:
> When I put this card in, SRM's bios emulation locks up after displaying
> the card bios's one cryptic line of numerical model/serial number goo.
> I guess its time for me to review the list archives to see what exact
> brand people report that -does- work.

I have a similar problem because of a loose power cable on one of my
disk. Usually tightly pressing in the said cable "cures" the problem.
Since you did some maintenance, I'd suggest firmly pressing in all
cables once more before giving up. Alterntivly put in your old
graphics board and see if it boots then.

Greetings

           Helge

P.S. I have a "plain" 7500 PCI myself in my LX.
--
Helge Kreutzmann, Dipl.-Phys.               Helge.Kreutzmann@itp.uni-hannover.de
  gpg signed mail preferred    gpg-key: finger kreutzm@rigel.itp.uni-hannover.de