Re: Debian Installer hangs SOLVED!

Booting the installer on a 7305 (DigitalServer 7000) works like
described in the document "Installing RedHat Linux 6.0 on a Digital (DEC)
Alpha 4100" (Blakey, J. 1999;
http://www.alphalinux.org/docs/rawhide/4100_install.shtml).

in short:
	Use the Floppy-Disks Bootfloppies
	set boot_osflags "root=/dev/fd0 load_ramdisk=1 prompt_ramdisk=1"
	boot dva0 -file linux.bin

Like this I was able to boot into the debian installer.

Still wondering what the numbers in the errormessage were (Unable to
mount root fs on 01:00)...

Thanks for helping.
Adrian.