xinerama + gtk?

I've installed a 2nd video card in my PWS500au, and i've noticed that
when i do dual-monitor X, GTK+ apps are very unstable.  They dont really
crash, they just hang.  Galeon is probably the worst.  And i can
reproduce it too, searching google for "perl foreach" will cause it to
hang.  Same happens with Mozilla (which i'm told uses GTK+).  Evolution
also hangs.

I also have problems with mplayer using '-vo sdl', it makes the video 2
times as wide as its supposed to.  And naturally, when fullscreen, it
spans 2 monitors, but its extremely low framerate.

I've never done xinerama on an x86, so i'm not sure if these are alpha
specific problems or not.

Richard Fillion
rick@rhix.ods.org