Re: AS255, X not running

Same here, kinda. I have woody running on an XP1000. X bombs out when I type 'startx' or 'xinit', but I can type xf86cfg, get a window and load a wm and run programs, etc. When I save the cfg file and try to fire it up again, it complains about a missing something or other...

(WW) Warning, couldn't open module pex5
(EE) Failed to load module "pex5" (module does not exist, 0)

(lots a successful module loads)

(II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/fonts/libxtt.a
Duplicate symbol TT_FreeType_Version in /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/fonts/libxtt.a:xttmodule.o
Also defined in /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/fonts/libfreetype.a

Fatal server error:
Module load failure

Any hints?

KeithG

Lio wrote:
Hi all,
I acquired two AS255 and tried to install Debian3.0 woody on it. Everything
works fine (base system and the rest) but I dont have a working X. The gfx
card is a cirrus logic GD5429 and voodoo2 but I tried a generic driver
(AFAIR SVGA). In
the log file (which I am trying to save on a disk and send it to the list),
there are a lot of "Not loading .debug_line".
I tried "XFree86 -configure" or "xf86config" to get a new XF86Config but so
far without any success.
Version of X is 4.1.0.1 according to the log file /var/log/XF86Config.0.log.

I only have SRM v6.7-2.
What should I do ? How do I un install X and install it again ?
Lio