boot problems on alpha

hi

I've got a new toy, an alphaserver 1000. Now I'm trying to boot from cd to
install linux. But the on the srm-console

boot dka0 -fl 0

doesn't work.

>>>boot dka0 -fl 0
(boot dka0.0.0.2000.0 -flags 0)
block 0 of dka0.0.0.2000.0 is a valid boot block
reading 16 blocks from dka0.0.0.2000.0
bootstrap code read in
Building FRU table
base = 1c6000, image_start = 0, image_bytes = 2000
initializing HWRPB at 2000
initializing page table at 1fff0000
initializing machine state
setting affinity to the primary CPU
jumping to bootstrap code
can't open osf_boot

and the aborts booting. Before I got this machine, some dec-unix (true64 or
vms) run; are there any srm-variables I can check? I think, srm tries to
boot a file named osf_boot (which was originally the name of the kernel);
so I had to provide the right name for linux.

Can anyone help me?

Joerg

--
Signature not available yet