ld is crashing during a buildd on an alpha. scary.

I was redirected to this list for this issue right after this conversation, someone help me:

<jbailey> skimpIzu: I recommend that you email the Alpha porters mailing list.
<skimpIzu> ok, could you give me some insight please
<jbailey> I don't know what a signal 11 usually is on an alpha.  On and i386, I tend to assume
that it's broken hardware.
<gotom> tracking sparc issue... it seems not binutils problem...
<skimpIzu> anyway, i go email the list now

ACTUAL ISSUE:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-gcc/2003/debian-gcc-200303/msg00087.html