Re: Linux 2.4 on AS1000 4/233 (Mikasa)?

On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 11:20:55PM +0100, Gergely Nagy wrote:

> Recently, I got access to an AlphaServer 1000 4/233
> [...]
> Does anyone have experience with a box like this and 2.4?

Yes. Both me and a friend of mine had the same experience on the same
model. To make 2.4 work we took the .config from 2.4.18-generic, changed
it to include support only for its own familly (mikasa), and it worked.
Without that we both had (on two different boxes) errors and oopses. In
particular the most common message was false ECC errors. RAM modules
were known good and it happened the same on two different (otherwise
working) boxes...

Joel K.

--
I want to  argue that an  effective way of  promoting true computer literacy
would be to make Unix basics part of the curriculum... for everybody.