Re: 600ua questions

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alexander Kotelnikov" <sacha@debian.org>
To: <debian-alpha@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Monday, November 18, 2002 7:08 AM
Subject: 600ua questions

> Just got my first alpha computer and I have some questions about this
> superb piece of hardware.

> 3. The soundcard that comes with Miatas are ISA Creative SoundBlaster?

ESS Audiodrive ES1888 - have a look at
http://members.brabant.chello.nl/~s.vandereijk/miata.html

> 4. What kernel modules/features correspond to Ethernet and FDDI
>    adapters installed in the system?

The ethernet card is a DEC 21143 - I think it uses the Tulip driver

> 5. I have _two_ 4D20T cards in it, both with 3D glasses sockets and
>    even I know, this cards are rather old compared with modern ones,
>    it will be great to get something of them. Any chance?

I have a matrox Millennium in my 500au, but I 've heard that PCI Voodoo4's
rock - and they do 3D

> 6. Can anyone summarise MILO vs aboot stuff?

Unless you are booting between NT and Linux, then stick with the srm/aboot
combination - it's not dependant on the kernel version like MILO is

> 7. Point me at how do I make my alpha booting automaticly. Now I need
>    to type "boot" in SRM and "0" in aboot prompt.

set bootdef_dev <your HDD>
set auto_action boot

should do it

cheers,
Rob

--   "To you, I'm an atheist; to God, I am the Loyal
Opposition." - Woody Allen  This is quote 90 of 1254.