Re: # Re: XFree86 4.2 Debian packages for Alpha

Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> writes:

> On Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 01:29:04PM +0200, mhv@DMU.dk wrote:
> > You'r right, new unstable libc sounds a bit to unstable for me...
> >
> > Is there any way to replase the xfree86 4.1 in Woody with the 4.2
> > version, without having to be a Debian expert?
> >
> > I'm copying this to debian-alpha@lists.debian.org and
> > debian-x@lists.debian.org for further comments from you and others...
>
> You'd have to persuade the Stable Release Manager to permit such a
> thing, and frankly I think there is a greater chance of the Sun
> reversing its course across the sky.  Because he is so busy he
> appears to be only permitting in security fixes and *nothing* else.

Uhm, I think he wanted to replace it on his own machine, not in the
distribution (otherwise "without having to be a Debian expert"
wouldn't make a lot of sense :) Which seems much more sensible. I'll
try to compile 4.2 for stable, but I'm running low on disk space, so
it might take a while.

--
	Falk