Re: I take a deep breath, and I suck down my pride...

On Tue, Apr 30, 2002 at 01:44:11PM -0500, Schroeder, Aaron wrote:

> 2100's are a pain anyway... :)

Always have been... ;-}

> FWIW, One thing to note: No matter what video card(s) I have tried, I never
> could get X to display locally, the X Server ran fine, just locally.

Yes, well, I'm still ironing the wrinkles out of the SABLE kernel
code today, and the platform has been EOL for years...

I just ran across the first one to have an original TGA in it, and the
kernel wouldn't display anything on the screen. Now it can, but the X
server doesn't run correctly for some reason.

VGAs are not all problematic; it seems dependent on how much
framebuffer memory is on the card and how much PCI bus resources are
requested for it. I think I've had Matrox Millennium I (one) work fine
under XFree86 4.x.x.

So, I've some patches (and more to work on) that should find their way
into a future 2.4.x kernel, hopefully. If anyone needs them earlier than
that (:-), get in touch with me directly...

--Jay++