Re: Donation of equipment

On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 09:34:17PM -0600, Maurice Hilarius wrote:
> Hello there.
>
> We have a PCI64 Alpha we wish to donate to the Debian Alpha project.
>
> Includes 128MB RAM, case, power, cache, etc.
> It runs, we just don't use it any more.
>
> No disks on it.
>
> Who should we send it to and where?
>

> With our best regards,
>
> Maurice W. Hilarius       Telephone: 01-780-456-9771
> Hard Data Ltd.               FAX:       01-780-456-9772
> 11060 - 166 Avenue        mailto:maurice@harddata.com
> Edmonton, AB, Canada      http://www.harddata.com/
>    T5X 1Y3
>
> Ask me about the UP1500 Alpha - Full systems from $3,500!

Thank you very much for your generous offer!

I am copying this reply to the Debian Administration team and the Debian
Alpha porting list; these parties are the most likely to know if there
is a need for this sort of equipment at present.

Admins and Alpha porters, can you respond to this gentleman please?

I'll add that I would have a personal interest in an Alpha machine,
though I should perhaps reassemble my Quadra 840AV and help the m68k
port out again to earn the right to receive one.  :)

--
G. Branden Robinson                |
Debian GNU/Linux                   |         De minimis non curat lex.