Re: [bad] experiences with Mozilla 0.9.9-6?

On 2002.04.16 18:32 Matthew Tippett wrote:
I have seen indications that it is related to animated GIFs.  The GIFs
themselves appear corrupt.  When they loop around and start again you get
a segfault.

I debugged this last week, and submitted a patch. Unfortunately it does not fix the problem the entire way on Intel (I guess), and my patch was blamed for making things worse. Takuo Kitame then took the (reasonable, in the circumstances) step of conditionalizing my patch for Alpha only. Unfortunately he picked the wrong preprocessor token, so it doesn't work for Alpha either.

Have a look at bug # 141641 at bugs.debian.org, and the end of #142469.

-Doug