Re: DAC960

UltimaPro wrote:

Hello all,

I'm trying to run Debian on my Alpha server 1000 4/266 in combination with a
storageworks disk array driven by a dac960 array controller. -Previously
driven by Winnt 4.0 :(
Getting Debian installed and up and running was not a big hassle. Now I'm
ready for the next challange: Getting the dac960 and the raid 5 array
working. Beeing a newbie to Linux, I'm wondering if there is sombody out
there that already got this combination to work and can spare me a long time
of reading and troubleshooting.

Off course, we can help you.
It's however a big deal to get a DAC960 working on an Alpha. The driver seems to be very unpredictable.

What's your background with Linux or UNIX? Did you have trouble to install Debian on it?
Do you use Potato (stable) or something else?

Thanks,

Hans