Re: Booting into kernel 2.4.18

Hi!
I had a similar problem a few months ago with my Miata 433a.

> Miata 433AU with SRM
>
> boot dkc0
>
> 0 then loads kernel 2.2.20.  Fine :)
>
> I also have kernel 2.4.18 on the machine.  When I put in the option for this
> it goes through, loads initrd then dies saying can't mount root filesystem.

It would also load fine with the standard debian 2.2.x kernel, but when
i switched to 2.4.x kernel i compiled myself I got filesystem errors.
It turned out that the 2.4.x kernel would cause very bad filesystem
corruption on any ide drives connected to the builtin CMD686(?)
controller.
I might have missed some FAQ or something, but nothing i changed would
stop it from happening.
Now I just use the ide drive as an "aboot loader" (my scsi card isnt
supported by srm).

--
 -o)  # Mvh.
 / \  # Chris Qvigstad