Re: MOre info on Ruffian boot issues

On 05 Apr 2002 20:23:04 -0800
Shannon Menkveld <shannon@strangehouse.com> spouted:

> I just tried setting root=/dev/hda, instead of /dev/hda1, and it noumts
> the root filesystem iso9660, but it now complains that it cannopt locate
> a terminal, and suggests passing an "init= " to the kernel.  Anybody
> know what the init string should be?

My memory says that the debian alpha cd's are bootable on SRM, not on
MILO. I could be wrong, but I think to install from CD on MILO, you still
have to boot from two floppies and then work away.

The CD image doesn't have a dev filesystem and stuff.

I'm not even sure if you can set an initrd to be loaded in MILO? If you
can, then you can do boot cd:linux initrd=cd:initrd.gz

(that won't work anyway.. <g>)

L.
--
     dBP   dBBBBb | If you're looking at me to be an accountant
              dBP | Then you will look but you will never see