Re: scsi error

> On Feb 28, Giannis Georgalis illuminated :

> 	When I compile the 2.4.17 kernel on a DIGITAL AlphaServer 400
> 4/233 (Avanti), and when I reboot with my new kernel I get these messages,

Which version of gcc did you compile this with?   and on a potato or woody
system?  did you set SRM console if booting via srm, and generic or avanti
kernel?

Might also be useful to try the 2.4.18-rc4 which was released a couple of
days ago.

or ... I have a kernel image compiled for my alphastation 255 (avanti)
which might work.
available at
http://japester.ucc.asn.au/kernel-image-2.4.17_beowulf1.0_alpha.deb

regards,
--
Jean-Paul Blaquière             ||   Avatar of Computational
   japester@ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au   ||   Thaumaturgy