Re: 2.4.14 kernel build error

On Thu, Feb 14, 2002 at 04:09:52PM -0500, Christopher C. Chimelis wrote:
> The problem is that the kernel's linker script discards the .text.exit
> section, but some of the code in the kernel is trying to reference
> symbols that are in that section (wrongly so, btw).  Binutils upstream
> recently tightened down on linking such binaries (it now doesn't let it
> happen, whereas before it would just keep quiet and link), thereby fixing
> what many considered a bug in the linker.

I got this message too on a sparc I was building, I just unselected some
kernel option (think it was an ethernet card type) and it compilied ok.

ii  binutils       2.11.92.0.12.3 The GNU assembler, linker and binary

  - Craig
--
Craig Small VK2XLZ  GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
Eye-Net Consulting http://www.eye-net.com.au/        <csmall@eye-net.com.au>