Building Mozilla 0.9.[78] and/or RH RPMS on Debian 2.2?

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to wean myself from DU Netscape 4.7 and am
wondering if anyone has had any luck running Mozilla
0.9.x on Debian 2.2 Alpha...

I downloaded the 0.9.8 sources and have tried to build
it; I get through configure but make breaks before it
completes :(

Also, has anyone had success using alien to convert
the RH 7.x RPM of Mozilla 0.9.7 to .deb?  I may try
this later but having no experience with RH 7.x
suspect that the Mozilla binary may be linked to a
later version of libc than the one included in Debian
2.2.

Any comments would be appreciated :)