Network problem

I am trying to get my 3com 3c905c-tx to work with my AXPpci133 with the 2.2r2 distro of debian, but it will not work. I am using the vortex driver that comes on the disk. When I lspci, the card shows up. When I inserted the module into the kernel it seemed to accept it.
But when I do "cat /proc/interrupts " the card does not show up.
Also when I look at the modules the module is listed as unused.

I am also wondering if anyone knows how to get ISA cards to work on the AXPpci133, the manual is not very helpful in explaining how to do it.

Thanks!