RE: SCSI problems with Qlogic ISP

[mailto:jaap.hogenberg@nl.abnamro.com]
[snip]
> This could be caused by bad cabling / termination.
> You mention the use of a wide-->narrow convertor to
> connect the tapedrive.
> Does this adapter have "high byte termination" ?
> (when you convert from wide(16 bit) to narrow(8 bit)
> scsi , you need to terminate the upper 8 bits of the scsi bus.)
[snip]

Sorry, should have made it a bit clearer. I have:

Alpha (with QLogicISP (Wide SCSI)) -> Wide to narrow adapter -> disc
1 -> ... -> disc 4 -> tape drive

Not sure about the high byte termination - I've noticed that I can set
the Qlogic adapter to provide high byte termination though - would
that do the same?

Cheers

Marcus

--
Marcus Williams - http://www.onq2.com
Quintic Ltd, 39 Newnham Rd, Cambridge, CB3 9EY