php4, debian, Fatal error session mm module

Hi Petr! Hi List!

I found the following bug with debian-woody on alpha:
ii  php4           4.0.100-1      A server-side, HTML-embedded scripting langu
ii  php4-cgi       4.0.100-1      A server-side, HTML-embedded scripting langu
ii  apache         1.3.22-5       Versatile, high-performance HTTP server

But when I start apache with php enabled I get:
PHP Fatal error:  Unable to start session mm module in Unknown on line 0

In README.Debian exactely this message is shown under php4-cgi
(although php4-cgi is not necessary for apache/php support). But this
file is not existent and when I create it I is removed after invocation
of /etc/init.d/apache start, so this does not seem to be the problem.

Ah, what I forgot:
ii  libmm11        1.1.3-6        Shared memory library

Can you give me a hint on this?

Best wishes

Norbert

Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>
University of Technology Vienna, Austria            gpg DSA: 0x09C5B094
BURWASH

The pleasurable cool sloosh of puddle water over the toes of your
gumboots.

			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff