Re: booting linux from two floppies

Hello Sacha,

My friendly AM (fall, 2000), it's nice to see you. :-)

Alexander Kotelnikov wrote:

Hello.

While trying to make debian-installer working on alpha I faced a
trouble: I need to boot from two floppies, one containing vmlinuz with
aboot and second with some initrd.img.

I boot kernel with load_ramdisk=1 prompt_ramdisk=1 and variations of
noinitrd, root=/dev/{fd0,ram} but the boot process fails before or
after kernel prompt for second floppy.

So the question is, that wrong do I do?

The obvious thing to check: does the initrd.img fit onto a single floppy? A lot of things tend to be bigger on alpha than other platforms.

Otherwise, what kind of alpha and boot loader are you using? (SRM, AlphaBios, etc.)

Cheers,
--

-Adam P.

Welcome to the best software in the world today cafe! <http://lyre.mit.edu/%7Epowell/The_Best_Stuff_In_The_World_Today_Cafe.ogg>