Re: poor 164SX IDE drive performance, dma enabled

Just to follow up on this.  I replaced the original drive that was giving
me 3MB/sec @15% cpu with a new one and am now getting 8.3MB/sec 30% cpu.

The drive with slow performance was refurbished a Maxtor 4W060H4 60gb.
The drive that performs well is a brand new SAMSUNG SV1204H 120gb.

both drives perform much better than this in an x86 PC; apparently the
samsung works better than the maxtor in the 164sx.

-g