Re: netbooting alphastation 500 with current debian

just doesnt seem to be up. i'm not seeing any traffic from it on the
network.

Well, as long as you don't activate the network from the installer, it
won't react to pings, so that's normal. Try passing console=ttyS0 or
ttyS1.

Well, it would have had an IP address, right? All of my sparcs respond to basic icmp when they are sitting in OpenFirmware. I'm kind of new to Alpha hardware.. This machine has been using openvms, which was more or less a breeze to install.

Alex