Re: Reasonable graphics card for AWS 500au

On Sun, Oct 13, 2002 at 11:35:54PM +0200, Martin Samuelsson wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 13, 2002 at 11:18:58PM +0200, Andrew Maier wrote:
> > I have inherited a AWS 500au (Miata).
>
> So have I, but I got mine a year ago or so. So it's working. Recompiling
> the kernel with miata optimization and keeping keyboard supports seems
> hard.

Was this using the stock RH for Alpha 7.2 kernel sources, ie 2.4.9-32.5?

If so, could you send me the .config that failed for you?

I just built a custom MIATA kernel using those sources, changing ONLY
from GENERIC to MIATA (and specifying booting from SRM) in terms of
configuration (using the configs/kernel-2.4.9-alpha.config file as a
starting point), and everything worked, including keyboard and mouse.

Or was this with different (newer) kernel sources? If so, please
provide the details, including .config used.

Thanks.

 --Jay++

Jay A Estabrook                            HPTC - LINUX support
Hewlett-Packard Company - MRO1-2/K15       (508) 467-2080
200 Forest Street, Marlboro MA 01752       Jay.Estabrook@hp.com