Re: woody on a dec alpha xl 266; kernel version 2.4.18

Hi,

On Sat, 28 Sep 2002, Joachim Köstler wrote:

> not seem to be able to mount the root fs (error message: cannot mount
> root fs). The module for the scsi host adapter is not compiled into the
> kernel, but I think as there is an initrd things should go all right.

I still use a 2.2 kernel,thus I don't know, whether these things have
changed in 2.4. At least for 2.2 it was obligatory to compile the ext2fs
support into the kernel and the SCSI driver, if the boot device is
a SCSI drive.

Best wishes,

Kerstin

--