smbfs on alpha

Hi again,

I had a problem with SMBFS running on woody; The package installed fine, but the default (woody alpha) debian kernel didn't include the smbfs.o kernel module, and couldn't find it anywhere. I installed the kernel-source-2.2.20 package, selected the smbfs module and compiled it. I can now insmod it and mounting smb filesystems works. Depmod -a reports:
depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.2.20/fs/smbfs.o

But I can't figure out which symbols these are, any in anycase the module loads and smbfs works. I just thought the whole thing was a bit kludgy, have I missed something, or is this a bug?

Regards,
Robert