Re: Source dependencies

Helge Kreutzmann wrote:

Hello !
On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 12:20:57AM -0500, Richard Fillion wrote:
Someone suggested that i do 'apt-get source x-window-system' and build
the sources it gave me with 'dpkg-makepackage' but then i run into a
source version of dependency hell.  XF wants groff, groff wants so and
so......  Is there any easier way?  I _really_ want to be able to build
XFree86 here.

Well, you'll need some packages to build XFree, simply cd into the
directory where XFree is unpacked and run

dpkg-checkbuilddeps

This display all unsatisfied build dependencies which you then install
via apt-get.

Then there's:

apt-get build-dep x-window-system

which automagically apt-get installs the Build-Deps and their deps etc, and builds the package. Must be run as root of course.

Zeen,
--

-Adam P.

Welcome to the best software in the world today cafe! <http://lyre.mit.edu/%7Epowell/The_Best_Stuff_In_The_World_Today_Cafe.ogg>