Re: GDK BadDrawable error on many gtk/gdk programs

On Fri, 16 Aug 2002, Michael J. Saletnik wrote:

> Gaim at least uses the MIT-SCREEN-SAVER extension to do these
> idle use queries. In theory, this should disable that extension;
> unfortunately, I'm at work and not in a position to test this.
>
> SubSection "extmod"
> Option "omit MIT-SCREEN-SAVER"
> EndSubSection

Seems that I also have to kill the Load "extmod" line, as the SubSection does it
for me, and it'd load twice otherwise.

> But give it a try; verify it disabled the extension by using xdpyinfo.

It worked.  I can live without screensavers, seeing as how I had nothing working
before :) So, my questions: Why is the screensaver a problem?  Has this been
fixed?  Is this a problem in other distros? (I'm going to go install redhat and
test this) Is there any other way to fix this?