Re: compiling source package fails

On Thu 28 Feb 2002, Rob Byrnes wrote:

> I know this is i386-related, but so far nobody has been able to help me.
>
> I'm trying to compile a source package from Debian testing on my Potato
> box.  Here is the error:
>
> bunbun:~/apcupsd-3.8.1.5$ dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -uc -b
> dpkg-buildpackage: source package is apcupsd
> dpkg-buildpackage: source version is 3.8.1.5-1

$ apt-get source apcupsd
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
E: Unable to find a source package for apcupsd

My apt sources point to unstable. What's going on? Without access to the
source I can't help.

> # Add here commands to compile the package.
> autoconf -l autoconf autoconf/configure.in >configure
> /bin/sh: ./autoconf: is a directory

Looks like your PATH begins with . so that invoking autoconf sess the
directory? Try putting /usr/bin in front. You do have autoconf installed?

Paul Slootman