From: Christopher C. Chimelis [mailto:chris@debian.org]
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2002 11:08 PM
To: Falk Hueffner
Cc: debian-alpha@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: as problem

So you want ev56 scheduling with pca56 instruction support to get this
assemble?  IIRC, the scheduling code between the two processors doesn't
differ...only it's instruction support.  '-mcpu=pca56 -mno-bwx' may
allow it to compile and assemble while disabling generation of code to
use
the BWX instruction sets (which aren't present on ev56, but are on
pca56).