RE: miata sound

Those sound like some ALSA messages you are getting.  To the
best of my knowledge, the ALSA programs provided with Debian
are incomplete... mainly they lack the properly compiled
driver modules to make it work.  Most people have to d/l the
ALSA source and compile it to get ALSA working.  I suspect
you are really wanting to use the OSS sound drivers provided
with the kernel ... right??

Also, does your card need PnP setup/init??  From the sound
of the I/O, IRQ, and DMA messages you are getting, this
might be the case.  It looks like it is being treated as a
ISA/PnP card.  You might try plugging in the known I/O, IRQ,
and DMA values into the SB module with modconf.  If that
doesn't work, try the PnP stuff (isapnp-tools for 2.2.X
kernels, or the built-in support in the 2.4.X kernels).

Cheers,
-Don Spoon-