Re: problem compiling 2.4.13

You'll need more than that list.  There was a fundamental change in glibc
that is causing the failure that you're seeing (they moved a few functions
into a non-shared lib and provided weak linkage to those
functions).  Update glibc and ncurses as well OR recompile the packages on
that list on your system and it should work.