Re: Won't boot from bootable cd-rom

On 14 Oct 2001, aaron samsonoff wrote:

> I have burned my iso images using nero in windows xp like I burn every
> other bootable image I have ever done and they work fine, but my
> system does not recognize my bootable debian cd.
>
> Is there something I am missing here. It is definatly a bootable cd.

Did you make the ISO image yourself or was it downloaded?  Making a CD
bootable for Alphas requires an extra step (ensure that the mkisofs
package is installed and see 'man isomarkboot').  It's a very simple
process, but definitely something that people familiar with other archs
aren't familiar with.