workaround for clock problem

Jay,

From another friend of Alpha, I learned about the 'cycle=' boot flag.
So, from the SRM console before booting, I modified

>> set boot_osflags "root=/dev/sdb1 cycle=500000000"

then booted.  So long as I don't change my processor on this machine, I
should be set until such time as the problem is corrected in the kernel.

SRM is really nice, and Linux is great!

--
James D. Freels, P.E._i, Ph.D.
Oak Ridge National Laboratory