Re: internal error in make/gcc/c++

Juha Jäykkä <juolja@utu.fi> writes:

> > > MBMainWindow.C: In method `void MBMainWindow::openMB(char *)':
> > > MBMainWindow.C:3542: Internal compiler error in `scan_region', at except.c:2566
> > Try removing optimisation when compiling it (take out the "-O2" for that
> > file).  There are quite a few optimiser problems in 2.95.x that have been
> > fixed since the potato version.
>
>   Thanks, Chris: Now the beauty compiles fine but when "make install"ed
> and run, it claims it cannot get shared memory segment; claims shmget
> returns errno 22: invalid argument! Is there something strange about
> shmget + alpha?

Depends on the kernel. Do you have 2.4.x shmfs support activated?
Older kernels only have 4MB shared memory, so you have to allocate
less, could be that as well.

>   On another note, how bad (security wise) would upgrading to woody be
> at this point? I suppose I could evade a number of problems, including
> using XFree 3.3.6's xfs when straight-from-source 4.1 xfs does not
> function (it simply hangs forever) and trying to make dx work (I
> assume I could use sid's dx with woody: a quick manual check seems to
> prove that all dependancies of dx/sid are met by woody packages).

Woody is as secure as potato at any given time. Its just that you have
to watch for security updates or just keep it uptodate.

I wouldn't worry too much about security, since alpha has a high
security by obscurity. Keep your firewall tight and watch the
logfiles. (Do you trust your users?)

MfG
        Goswin