Re: Alpha Milo/rescue/root floppies on LX164

On Thu, Aug 16, 2001 at 03:09:36AM +0200, Falk Hueffner wrote:
> BTW, does anybody know if it is possible to launch AlphaBios from SRM
> on an SX164? I know how to *install* it, but for testing purposes it
> would be nice if I could launch it off a floppy.

IIRC you just have to put the rom-image of AlhaBios on a floppy and
use the "arc" command in SRM. No, it's not documented with "help" :)

The other possibility is to use the failsafe-booting of the
SX164. Switch the dip 7 on the motherboard to off and put the floppy
with the rom-image into the diskdrive. The machine should emit a
"beep --- beep beep --- beep beep beep" and then loads the BIOS from
floppy. The SX164 even talks about booting MILO directly from failsafe
mode but my only try did not work out...

CU
     Thimo

P.S.: I hope that there are no subversions of the SX board with
      different dips... *shudder*

--
Thimo Neubauer <thimo@debian.org>
Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 semi-frozen! See http://www.debian.org/ for details