Re: (alpha) YES, we have working boot-floppies

Helge Kreutzmann <kreutzm@itp.uni-hannover.de> writes:

> Hello,
> On Tue, Aug 07, 2001 at 09:20:26AM +0200, Goswin Brederlow wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > YES, its true. The boot-floppies work.
> > 7. more testers
>
> Are they wget'able ? If so, I can try a full install on a ruffian
> tomorrow and a partial install on my LX (up to package selection) and
> mybe an XP1000.

I tested on Ruffian, so that wouldn't be as intresting as the other
archs.

I'm uploading the set to ftp://134.2.15.134/boot-floppies/disks-alpha

But you can build your own working set:
- Use the mklibs.py instead of mklibs.sh in rootdisk.sh
- Use Falks fake_get patch if you hit that sysvinit problem
  (It only appears when you didn't already downloaded some packages)
- Compile sid's ash (If you get a linker failure, the symbol is an
  alias, just change the one occurance to what the alias points to)

There you go, "make" should work.

For "make release" you need some small patches concerning file names,
but you don't need "make release". Gotta catch Falk to talk them
through and commit them.

May the Source be with you.
                        Goswin