Re: sym53c8xx SCSI Controller and Kernel 2.4.5 boot problems

On 11 Jul 2001, Falk Hueffner wrote:

> Hmm, I use sym53c8xx without problems on 2.4.5 and now 2.4.6:
>
> So it can't be the driver alone... This is on a SX164.

There are issues with the driver, but they shouldn't be showing up
given the conditions that anyone here should be running with (certain
machine states/booting procedures may leave a funky adapter in a
very unusual state, but it's impossible to achieve that state using
current boot methods, IIRC).

I have an SX as well, with a Tekram 390F (53c875-based) and have had no
problems at all either.  I'm scouring his kernel config to see what I can
figure out...