Kernel and SSH on Jensen ??

I have a problem.

I have a Jensen running RH6.2. I'm using a precompiled 2.2.15 kernel. I've
compiled SSH 2.4 from scratch and everything works fine. Even the RC startup
script.

I've compiled a 2.2.19 kernel with some extra networking options other then
the 2.2.15 kernel (Firewall, masq,..). When I boot the machine with the
2.2.19 kernel, my RC ssh script hangs my machine. The only way out is a
powercycle. I can boot into 2.2.19 without running sshd from the init.d.
There is something strange though, because I can start the
/usr/local/sbin/sshd2 manually. Trying to run the RC script hangs my
machine.

Anybody familiar with this problem ??

Greetz,

Alex Slok