X server hang

Hi,

I have this bug report http://bugs.debian.org/56139 against the game
xscavenger.

"When I start the program as a normal user under X it stops everything. I
 can't move the mouse or change to an other console. I have to hard-reset."

The submitter has an Alpha SX164.  He mailed me privately that he can
reproduce this with the latest version of everything (this was a few weeks
ago).

Can you help out? That's the sort of thing you can't debug without the
hardware (or knowledge thereof), and running this on a remote box is simply
unfriendly if it has the result above :)

Thanks,
Marcus

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de