Argh...

Ok, somehow, I became unsubscribed from the list last month, so I missed
quite a bit :-(

Here's a quick answer to some recent questions...

SRM access:
Yes, this can be done and it's not hard.  You have to use
callbacks to get at the stuff, but it can be done.  Do I feel that it can
be dangerous to leave it like this?  Yes.  I can try to dig up a patch to
do it, if you really really must have it.

pan problems and shared libs:
Send me an objdump -x on pan.  It should list the libs needed.  It's
possible that it needs to be recompiled...(actually, it's probable).

Other questions that went unanswered:
Please repost if you don't feel you got a good answer yet.  There were too
many issues in the archives for me to include here.  The above were just
the ones on the top of my mind...