alpha buildd

Hi all,

   Well thanks to Ryan Murray the build seems to be running now.  I'm
shy one binary needed to properly process the logs but should have that
by tomorrow... So I'd like to ask those building packages for Alpha to
hold off and see how the buildd does things...

there are some packages that the buildd is failing on...and most likely
it's failing for everyone so they will need manual work.  Ryan is also
working on the web reports and all (for all buildd's actually) so we will
also be able to monitor this buildd's process and logs as well as any other
alpha buildd's that crop up.  I believe Chris is also setting one up.

If you want to help build packages, let me know and I can ship you a list
(or at least dump to a web page) a list of current packages that fail to
build.

I'd like to also state that while the buildd pumps out packages there will
be quite a bit that are still broken...like a big example is KDE...while the
buildd successfully builds kde packages they still fail to run.  We need
to start keeping track of which packages have this problem so we can
make sure they get rebuilt once gcc/g++ (or whatever may be causing the
particular problem) is fixed.

I'm not sure the best way for this...maybe a bug report with a specific
tag or something...

Ivan

--
Ivan E. Moore II