Re: Debian 2.2r2 Jensen Kernel Panic !

> On Mar 05, Luiz Emediato scratched in indelible ink :

> After installing Debian 2.2r2 on Jensen, I set up aboot to use
> the aboot.conf debian kernel definitions:
>
> abootconf /dev/sdb1 4

you want  "abootconf /dev/sdb 4"

note the lack of '1' on the end of the /dev/sdb

usage:

abootconf device [partition]

> with aboot.conf: 0:4/vmlinuz-2.2.18pre21-jensen ro root=/dev/sdb2
>
> where 4 is the /boot partition number.

yep. that'll work :)

> I am getting the error message: KERNEL PANIC
> after rebooting the system:
>
>           boot -fl 0 dka200

at what stage is it panicking?
<what other alpha dude said>

/Jp...
--
Jean-Paul Blaquière             ||   Avatar of Computational
   japester@ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au   ||   Thaumaturgy