Sound card advocacy required, please.

I have in my hand 3 sound cards:

ISA SoundBlaster Pro 2 (Board stamped CT1600)
ISA SRS Crystal (main chip CS4231A-KL)
PCI SoundBlaster PCI128 (ensonique chipset?)

I also have 3 x86 pcs (one still SuSE 6.3, and two Debian Potato). I have had little or no luck getting any card to work on any of these PCs. So I've decided that as a last resort, perhaps I should try them in my serious development platform - my Ruffian. Has anyone had any success or failures with the above cards, to reduce teh number of permutations I have to try.

Phil

http://www.shopping.altavista.com