Driver disk series

Hello,

I started a reinstall of Debian, using the floppy method,
and in the process I wanted to move from Potato to Woody.
I downloaded the disk images from the Potato tree since
I couldn't find any "disks-alpha" directory under Woody.

The installation goes nicely up to the point where it asks for
the first drivers disk. When I insert the disk with the image of
driver-1.bin written to it, it says it's the wrong disk. I have tried
to download and write the file to the disk several times to
make sure it wasn't corrupted.

The error message goes something like this:

"Looking for driver series alpha64_generic.
 This is driver series alpha64_generic.
 Please insert series driver."

which doesn't make much sence to me at all.

Any hints as to what might be the problem  here would be
greatly appreciated.

- IT