Re: Debian Alpha install CD ignoring QLogic 2200 card ?

On Fri, 16 Feb 2001, Andrei A. Dergatchev wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for you answers !
>
> My machine is SX.

Ok, I've only used it in EV6 boxes so far, but you should be OK....

> Yeah, it's not very well suited perhaps,
> with video/network/SCSI and now QLA I don't have any PCI
> slots left :-(
> 400 GB is a huge array :-) ! You must be using 73 Gig drives ?

36GB actually, in 2 racks.

> I'm hoping to get a few 73 Gig Seagates for my enclosure.
> I wonder do you have Quantum, IBM or Seagate drives ? Would
> be interesting to compare them between each other one day.

I don't know who made them, I'm borrowing them for a while from a Network
Appliance box, so they all report themselves at NetAPP disks, though I'm
guessing NetAPP didn't really make them (as another note I have the array
setup with ext3, and so far things are going well).

--rdp

--
Rich Payne
rpayne@alphalinux.org			www.alphalinux.org