Re: Question on SETI software...

On Wed, 14 Feb 2001, Gary McKinney wrote:

> Has anyone heard when the 3.03 package might be ready or does anyone know a
> good contact for them (did not find an email address to send a request)??

For awhile, they kept pushing back the expected date on the 3.03
client.  I'm not sure who was expecting to compile it, though.

> (they have what appears to be a 3.03 version download for the alpha *BUT*
> either they have used wrong info in the compile - still reports version 2.4
> and tries to connect to the wrong SETI database server) or someone pulled a
> real boo-boo and compiled the wrong version [DUH].... I don't think they did
> a real blunder and just copied the old 2.4 version over and renamed it to
> 3.03 (the date is 05 Feb 2001 on the new file) but one can sometimes
> wonder...

This is a good possibility.  I'm kinda curious to know where the new
client is myself.  I'm currently running the Tru64 client (and probably
will continue to do so), but I would like to see a real 3.03 client for
Alpha-Linux on their site :-)