Re: Need help identifing a MB.

On Tue, Feb 13, 2001 at 06:14:49PM -0700, Phillip Oleson wrote:
> "Christopher C. Chimelis" wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, 12 Feb 2001, Phillip Oleson wrote:
> >
> > > I was graciously gifted with some parts to a new alpha system.
> > > I'm trying to track down what system board this thing is, so I
> > > can track down the rest of the necessary parts.
> > >
> > > Anyways, if anyone can tell me what type of an alpha system
> > > this MB is I'd appreciate it.
> > >
> > > L8 5025146-01 D01
> >
> > Is there any way that you can post a picture of the board somewhere and/or
> > try to find out the manufacturer of the board?  Most Alpha boards do have
> > their board type screened on them somewhere..if not, at least who produced
> > them.  That would help narrow it down.  Also, any details like numbers of
> > PCI and ISA slots, etc, would help also (esp any processor info that you
> > might be able to figure out).

> Yup. Quicky pic with less than subdued light.. but anyways..
> http://nixil.net/mystery-alpha-board.html has the pics
> The processor boards are 533Mhz 21164 cpu w/ 4 megs cache.

Yup, sure looks like an AS1200 aka Tincup aka Baby Rawhide.

Have fun finding an enclosure for it... ;-}

They were typically configured with 2 power supplies when there were
2 CPU daughtercards.

--Jay++

Jay A Estabrook                            Alpha Engineering - LINUX Project
Compaq Computer Corp. - MRO1-2/K20         (508) 467-2080
200 Forest Street, Marlboro MA 01752       Jay.Estabrook@compaq.com