compiler-options?

Hi,

when I received my Alpha, I was told to use the compiler-option
-Wa,-m21164a. Reading a little bit in the gcc info, I didn´t find this
option (since gcc never complains, when I use it, it seems to exist),
but I found -mcpu=CPU-type. What is the difference between the two
options? Is one more recommendable than the other?

One thing I was told to use as well, was -mieee. What are the comments
on this item? Does it slow down the execution of the code?

Regards,

Kerstin

--

	kerstin.hoef-emden@uni-koeln.de